Polar Bear Club replaces drummer

Fri, June 24, 2011 4:52 PM PT4,923 views

Polar Bear Club has announced the departure of drummer Emmett Menke, who has amicably left the band. Menke comments: "After a great deal of thought, toil, and what have you's, I've decided to permanently leave my post as the drummer for Polar Bear Club. At about the same time PBC decided to be a full-time band almost 3 years ago my daughter Milo was born. It was a constant struggle maintaining a healthy home life when we were out playing 200 shows a year and it came to the point where I just had to do the right thing as a Dad and walk away. I love my brothers in Polar Bear Club and wish them the best. I had the pleasure of writing and recording 35 songs with the most talented people I've ever played music with. I've seen more of the world than I ever thought I would. Thanks to all the friends I've made along the way. I'll truly miss you and hope I get to see you all again someday." Replacing Menke is drummer Tyler Mahurin, who had the following to say: "I'm so excited to be playing with PBC. I've been waiting to find the right band to play in again and I've definitely found the right one to call my new family. I can't wait to see and meet all of the Polar Bear Club fans soon!"

wwjd 6/24/2011 4:53:42 PM

replace it with a first post

destroyerofpoon 6/24/2011 5:33:57 PM

I hope they all get eaten by polar bears.

cultureofwaste 6/24/2011 6:02:36 PM

wor' to tha' dizzle

casketofaids 6/24/2011 8:33:53 PM

gays just need to break up....

Jon 6/24/2011 9:11:52 PM

Penguins are stoked

LoydChristmas 6/25/2011 8:09:08 AM

Knock a chick up then go on tour. Dadfail.

Alaboma 6/25/2011 3:24:05 PM

Way to do the right thing and fight for your family. Wish him and the band the best. Chasing was one of my fav albums of 09.

sgd54 6/26/2011 10:56:20 PM

Kind of nice growing up with a silver spoon in your mouth huh Tyler

Brett_ 6/27/2011 10:03:54 AM

For us non-upstate goats, what other notable bands has Tyler Mahurin been in?

purplesabbath87 6/27/2011 11:46:40 AM

maybe this dude will have a normal size/sounding drumset

needssalt 6/27/2011 12:03:04 PM

the bears can smell the menstruation