NewsJanuary 11, 2011 12:58 AM ET5,146 views

Whitechapel drummer comments on departure

Official press release: Recently Knoxville, TN's Whitechapel and drummer Kevin Lane mutually decided to go their own ways and the Internet is already abuzz with rumors as to the reasons behind the split. Kevin offered the following statement to answer fans questions as to why the drummer and the band parted ways: "Over the past years I've had the experience of a lifetime and gotten to travel the world with not only a great band of musicians but some of my best friends. Unfortunately that time has come to an end. My playing had a falling out over the past year, thus I've decided to come home for good and go back to school full time. The past few tours I had the privilege of my good friend Gavin Parsons to fill my shoes and now another phenomenal drummer who I believe will do leaps and bounds of improvement to the band as a whole, Ben Harclerode has moved into the position until the decision for a full time drummer has been made. Thank you to everyone for all of your support." Founding member and guitarist Alex Wade adds: "It's sad to see Kevin go, he was not just a fellow band member, but like a brother to all of us. I think it is honorable of him to step down to better the band. He is still and always will be an amazing drummer and talented musician; I believe it is just time for a new chapter for Whitechapel. That being said we would like to welcome Ben Harclerode (formerly of Knights of the Abyss) to the band to fill the drumming position. In my opinion he is one of the most solid and talented drummers in modern metal and we couldn't be more excited for him to be playing with us. Ben will be helping us out until we take further measures to decide on a permanent drummer, but that is just something that is not needed right now, nor are we taking submissions. Come welcome Ben on our upcoming headliner and watch him shred his kit!"

blinding_light 1/10/2011 10:03:41 PM

first gayshit

soruined 1/10/2011 10:03:43 PM

no care shit band first fck you

LoydChristmas 1/10/2011 10:44:55 PM

So he quit because he realized he sucks? I kinda dont know what to say....uh, knights of the abyss are apyssed

acai 1/10/2011 11:13:52 PM

if oceano needs a drummer and school doesnt work out, just sayin....

CaptainSlender 1/11/2011 3:59:14 AM

Now if all the other members would honourably step down this would be the best band on Earth.

ShaolinLambKiller 1/11/2011 7:07:37 AM

god who fcking cares?

bubbakush 1/11/2011 11:18:10 AM

cool. story. bro.

meatflip 1/13/2011 12:08:36 AM

I mean by all means fck Whitechapel/Carnifex/Impending Doom/Oceano/The Black Dahlia Murder/Hollywood Undead/Micheal Jackson or any other band that has a shirt in nationwide Hot Topic stores...but Harclerode is a solid metal drummer.

Whereiswaldo 1/13/2011 3:40:37 PM

Favorite Bands Between the Buried and Me//All Shall Perish//Cynic//For The Fallen Dreams//The Ghost Inside//FASSW//The Heartland//ITMOL//Knights of the Abyss//Meshuggah//Veil of Maya//OCEANO//Within the Ruins

Whereiswaldo 1/13/2011 3:47:55 PM

^^^^Meatflip..that list is from your bio of favorite bands. The bands you JUST LISTED sayin fck them all, half are in your fcking bio! The other half DO sell shirts at hot topic.

Whereiswaldo 1/13/2011 3:48:30 PM

Next time, please be educated when you bitch, and stop hating on the scene that YOU LOVE.

diaperslut 1/15/2011 2:03:28 PM

I'm laughing so hard at the previous few posts that I just spit my soup out.. Good call WhereIsWaldo.

diaperslut 1/15/2011 2:04:24 PM

I mean by all means I mean by all means I mean by all means I mean by all means

Myvanflipped 1/17/2011 3:48:25 PM

I used to help Kevin write drum parts for these songs.

meatflip 1/23/2011 12:48:34 PM

Lol at WhereIsWaldo not knowing how to read a fcking joke. This is Lambgoat bro! No one gives a fck.