Ex-Periphery vocalist joins Haunted Shores

Tuesday, February 2, 2010 5:56 PM PT / 5,176 views

Former Periphery vocalist Chris Barretto has now officially joined Washington D.C. band Haunted Shores. Here's a statement from the group: "I'm most delighted to announce our new singer Chris Barretto. He'll be handling vocal & writing duties for Haunted Shores from here on out, and I could not be happier to welcome such a unique talent and good friend. We've gone through many changes the past year or so but I honestly think the music has subsequently improved, and I'm confident the addition of Chris will push things to a new level (of confidence?). The song we've posted, a rough mix of 'When in Oslo' is only the first of many to come, and we'll be spending the next couple months recording the rest of the full-length in DC and NYC, aiming tentatively for a summer release. And yes, the music will be in a similar vein to what we've been posting lately. Additionally, having Chris onboard will further perpetuate my dream of being in a band whose collective racial background resembles that of a Benetton ad. We hope you enjoy the new material as we'll be posting a ton more in the very near future, and they will most definitely be final mixes. Promise! Per usual, PM me if you'd like Chris' home address, pager number and/or SSN." A song featuring Barretto on vocals can be heard here.

SkidRow 2/2/2010 6:05:20 PM

*Scott Steiner just put the steiner recliner on METALASfck*

derekageless 2/2/2010 6:12:03 PM

Oh GOOOOOOOD for you. Now Haunted Shores can sound like they have Patrick Stump doing guest vocals on every song.

liferuinerjailbait 2/2/2010 7:18:07 PM

*OH MY GOD. IT'S STING FROM THE RAFTERS. Skidrow gets a stinger splash from the top ropes*

SkidRow 2/2/2010 7:38:52 PM

IT'S RHYNO FROM THE LOCKER ROOMS!!!! liferuinerjailbait get's hit by the GORE!!!!!!!!!

METALASFUCK 2/2/2010 8:23:12 PM

GORE! GORE! GORE! GORE! *PAUL HEYMAN YELLS AS THE CROWD IS IN AWE*

Hate_Goat 2/2/2010 10:12:41 PM

Rose Funeral sucks

j2step 2/2/2010 10:21:09 PM

king: "WHAT HAPPENED TO THE LIGHTS!? *burst of fire* "OMG KANE HAS APPEARED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING AND IS ABOUT TO CHOKE SLAM STING!!!"

liferuinerjailbait 2/2/2010 10:51:22 PM

Hate_Goat 2/2/2010 10:12:41 PM Rose Funeral sucks why do you think I quit?

anthonybourdain 2/3/2010 4:41:51 AM

"All instruments by: Mark Holcom, Misha Mansoor"...So.....Misha (who IS Periphery) writes music for a band with a lineup he isn't in...and then puts his old singer in it. My head hurts.

Hate_Goat 2/3/2010 5:17:17 AM

liferuinerjailbait 2/2/2010 10:51:22 PM Hate_Goat 2/2/2010 10:12:41 PM Rose Funeral sucks why do you think I quit? - good to hear.

RichardtheDICKK 2/4/2010 1:58:51 AM