Home > Forum > Topic

Market meltdown

Amber 123 days ago
So the market goes down what 4% and then recovers, moves not seen since 2008 CNBC replaces Shark Tank with a special report featuring shill retard Jim Cramer blaming retailers and telling everyone to buy the dip. He's usually dead wrong and absolutely is long-term but I'm guessing the depths they're going to to pump mean a green day Crypto is absolutely bled to insane numbers, you don't get these numbers outside of whales making major moves. I believe this is being done to create liquidity for untenable positions perhaps in plays like amc, gme, positions where they can be margin called which is when you don't have enough money to maintain your position so it's closed for you. Of course the overall market being down reduces liquidity as well in their long positions. A kind of makes sense because of the New Year means the end of certain far dated options chains and yearly reports for certain funds Cryptos probably over. Tom Brady and Matt Dillon are shilling in commercials for it. Either that or it survives for one last pump and dumps after super bowl commercials. Then it's 24K and stagnating lower. The idea that the meme stocks are suddenly perfectly in line "selling" only a year later and not high frequency manipulation I don't bet on. Melvin Capital is apparently down 25% this year. There's a reason they shut off the buy button and said it was to protect consumers, later admitting it was a liquidity issue. So a crash is coming but I take the view of David H. Contrarian who predicts further lowering, but ultimately a furious market melt up before the crash and then silver going to 50 and gold 2500+ Not a financial advisor lol, lmao

Amber 123 days ago
Guys I'm right. I listen to this guy who makes YouTube videos from a sidewalk in New York who says AMC is going to 1000 https://youtu.be/oGIX_YCDDrU

carveyournamein 123 days ago
Why would anyone put money in this if "they" can just pull a stock off the market whenever they want?

Amber 123 days ago
Bc thats never happened. New rule. Would destroy trust in us market forever. It exists now and recently as a contingency because some sketchy shit may be going down

Amber 123 days ago
I mean trust would only be destroyed if it was permanent. There is a 10-day limit. I'm just going to say there's a shit ton of odd coincidences involving meme stocks, sec, banks and governments

Amber 123 days ago
Think about this logically. Free trading has never really been a thing until recently. Worst case scenario even if none of the due diligence is true and it's never been the case where the entirety of the market could buy and hold a security. It would pump regardless. But that's without the potential for a short squeeze because there is extremely high short interest of 100 million shares. I don't know where this goes but there's a lot of smoking guns and I almost feel the only way out if the hypothesis is true is for the hedge funds to do extremely nefarious things.

evil_hero 123 days ago
so whats the move? buy silver and gold? i f*cked with precious metals for awhile in maybe 2017. i had maybe $5000 in junk silver (old US coins with silver content) and some gold coins. my issue with it was it was hard to buy at a good price (less than spot with no fees) and impossible to sell at a good price immediately (most gold buyers pay under spot price) so going liquid can be a challenge. i switched it out to ammo. its worth more to more people and has a secondary purpose besides a payment/bartering tool.

I wish someone would bomb wall street.

Look how easily you could make a lot of money.

Amber 123 days ago
I've been bagholding silver and a small position in gold hard. Basically silver is depending on inflation which I think will get less bad but will stay bad overall but also it depends on whether there's public interest and everyone's giving a f*ck about crypto. I think the market generally moves in cycles and if there's a market crash people move into metals, crypto is the same probably. I would probably sell if it makes its move finally to $50. I mean that's all time highs from the early '70s. What I know about silver is that it's actually important unlike gold, industrial uses, actual store of value. It's also underground. Look up Max Kaiser's destroy JP Morgan buy silver campaign. It's the original meme. I believe the silver market is manipulated through the use of paper silver which is you're buying stock in silver that doesn't exist which is why public interest in physical would be important, or PSLV. But this could be years away. As to whether or not to invest I would see what it was selling at before the covid crash. Probably anything in the teens is good. I definitely wish I had bought now and not $27 or whatever.

Did you even watch the video?

Portslob 123 days ago
Biden is 100% responsible for all of this

webmaster 122 days ago
evil_hero 17 minutes ago so whats the move? buy silver and gold? i f*cked with precious metals for awhile in maybe 2017. i had maybe $5000 in junk silver (old US coins with silver content) and some gold coins. my issue with it was it was hard to buy at a good price (less than spot with no fees) and impossible to sell at a good price immediately (most gold buyers pay under spot price) so going liquid can be a challenge. This is all true, however, I would counter that they should really be used as an inflation hedge and/or longterm investment. Rapid liquidity shouldn't be much of a factor. If you're constantly finding yourself liquidating, then you're using it as a savings account, which would indeed be a big pain in the ass.

evil_hero 122 days ago
yeah in the long term the appreciation should beat the price under spot youd probably get from a buyer. so not as much as an issue. but there is tremendous value in assets that can be immediately liquidated. selling precious metals isnt as easy as pushing the sell button on a stock or crypto

webmaster 122 days ago
yeah, for sure. But holding a silver bar is pretty satisfying!