Home > Forum > Topic

that whole "etid brothers fight" marketing ploy

simon_belmont 166 days ago
Lot Lizard. very cool

I used to do a lotta stuff that was cheeky and mildly disrespectful at PS211 and also Uprisings. One time we brought a trash can into the mosh pit and were spinning it around while people sat inside, it tipped over and there was all this f*cking garbage slime juice everywhere so i did a big ole head first slide through it and then hugged the guy booking the show and he told me i had to leave. i just went outside and put on a new t-shirt and he was like fine, but then by the last band it was clear i had garbage juice on my khakis as well and they smelt like straight fukcing shit. I'll beat up both the Buckleys and become the only Buckley. Is also a statement i'd like to make.

Amber 166 days ago
It's real and you know it's pretty bad if they're thinking about replacing him. A bunch of drunks complaining about a holier than thou alleged metoo'r who does rehashed Twitter sjw and blm takes in all his spare time. If it wasn't real that's not good publicity to use the stigma of mental illness for clout considering how pussified their fan base is

Amber 166 days ago
Does anyone remember a punk scene when they had to fight actual neo-nazis? Now it's threatening people from a keyboard for saying they don't care about BLM

carveyournamein 166 days ago
Yes, vaguely.

BULLHEAD 166 days ago
The second I heard their band name back in the day I knew they were probably stupid

carveyournamein 166 days ago
One time the Anal c*nt vocalist was heiling Hitler and someone hurled a beer bottle at his face and broke his nose.

BULLHEAD 166 days ago
The gentleman had a name. It was seth

let's be honest .... most if not all the bands from the second-wave of metalcore, like the Hot Topic Era bands as in (if they were good or not) ETID, As I Lay Dying, god i feel dirty typing most of the bands names, Killswitch Engage... .all were basically lyrically pop music, had no deep agenda with social issues, and should probably stfu and not make that an issue in their fanbase? Or not, who cares. I just farted real bad.

There weren't nazis around the scene by the time any of us were coming up. Maybe bullhead and willy wanker because those guys are pushing 60. But for us in our mid 30s? That shit was long gone.

there were some shady figures in western NC but they had bands like Empire Falls that had their own scene. up north, yeah that shit was basically dead or deep, deep, underground. and the NC stuff never broke out into fights. one time a dude went to a regular show and got punched and everyone talked about it for about a year. there was one incident where one dude had a knife, in like 2001 but that also ended and nothing happened after.

butlerianjihad 166 days ago
You wouldn't lats in Rohnert Park

BULLHEAD 166 days ago
There was that punk band Bound For Glory from Minnesota that was pretty big in the Midwest but that was a totally different scene. No one with a brain is into that stuff

There's always a band or two and maybe a small super underground scene. But I mean it wasn't like they were hanging out at Converge shows and they were randomly beating on people like in the eighties and early nineties.

Amber 166 days ago
Early 2000s there was definitely skinheads