Home > Forum > Topic

Fyodor Dostoevsky

Amber 50 days ago
Do I really need to listen to another old reclusive weirdos words

theocean 50 days ago
yes

Amber 50 days ago
I listened to the audiobook in my sleep. How is a story about a guy who justifies murder for a thousand pages supposed to help me get through my life again

evil_hero 50 days ago
the brothers karamazov is pretty good, dude. i feel like you'd admire his suffering

theocean 50 days ago
Amber 2 minutes ago I listened to the audiobook in my sleep. How is a story about a guy who justifies murder for a thousand pages supposed to help me get through my life again read the whole book man and read the brothers karamazov and demons

BULLHEAD 50 days ago
I read Crime and Punishment twice. Love it. Couldn't get through the Karamazov one

BULLHEAD 50 days ago
They'll keep throwing weird Russian names at you. And every character seems to use different versions of the name. It's a little confusing

theocean 50 days ago
not so much for crime and punishment and demons but i used the name guide a lot for the brothers karamazov

theocean 50 days ago
you should read the idiot too man

BULLHEAD 50 days ago
I read The Idiot. Can't remember it. Read notes from the underground. Didn't love it. That guy was a bit whiny. At least it was shorter

Inkongudunk 50 days ago
I ran the gimmick marmelodov for a while. I like dostoevsky

simon_belmont 50 days ago
If you want to read a Russian book that nothing happens in read A Day In The Life Of Ivan Denisovich. Basically he just lives to see another day. Very depressing.

theocean 50 days ago
notes from the underground is not essential like those others house of the dead/notes from a dead house is another earlier one that isnt essential but it gives some insight into why he thought the way he did........its about his time in a prison camp in siberia

BULLHEAD 50 days ago
What about that Tolstoy fella?

BULLHEAD 50 days ago
I think he wrote lords of the ring