Home > Forum > Topic

Climbing Mt. Everest

rick_tocchet 10 days ago
So only rich people can do this? I think the lowest amount to try and climb it is around $65 grand and that was like 20 years ago.

vagisilcreem 10 days ago
seems stupid.

carveyournamein 10 days ago
65k to crawl up a rock???? I'm in the wrong line of work.

rick_tocchet 10 days ago
I enjoy watching documentaries of rich people dying, losing fingers and toes on Everest.

vagisilcreem 10 days ago
but who does this money go to? the shaman?

rick_tocchet 10 days ago
That info is never really brought out there. I think these white owned expedition companies are out there and have a monoply on the shit. Then they hire sherpas to do all the work. Who knows what they get paid?

vagisilcreem 10 days ago
sherpa is what i meant lol. goddamn

rick_tocchet 10 days ago
You know if you die on Everest they leave your loser body up there. So all the corpses are still up there from people that have died. Theres a row of dead people. Unless they got blown off by storms since.

I wonder if I could charge someone $60,000 to climb Mt. Everest. That's still a lot of money, but cheaper than the normal price!

vagisilcreem 10 days ago
oh yeah, i knew about that.

Yep. If you fall and break your back or something they probably won't come rescue you. By the time they can get a rescue organized, you'll be dead.

rick_tocchet 10 days ago
K2 is another mountain, that is a harder climb with some brutal stories and docs about it. Good stuff.

I want to know how someone gets paid money so someone else can climb the rock.

Does someone own the mountain??

rick_tocchet 10 days ago
The 1996 Everest disaster. Just in time for Thanksgiving. https://youtu.be/aRj74eXSTk0