Home > Forum > Topic

Day Of Suffering - The Eternal Jihad

easyhateoven 89 days ago
look at that visor!

xander_crews_horse 89 days ago
Did realize there's multiple photos in that video Dusty from BTBAM and Blake's brother are in there, I'm in that somewhere. Don't think anyone from FFF went to do anything else, but the guitarist from Aria and Will from End of All were all in those photos too, at Friskiez in Rural Hall NC

easyhateoven 89 days ago
aria! i used to love that band. lol @ at their coldplay cover. end of all was sweet too

Far From Forgiven did basically become Tsavo, who were pretty sick, but only released like a four song. They played a show I booked in Farmington NC, my band played first and had two songs and we were called Solid Bunny. https://tsavo1.bandcamp.com/album/tsavo-ep

Holy shit it was an 8 track, lol.

f*ck wait, it was a 3 song. I actually remember them recording those instrumentals. Surprised they ended up on the web.

That Tsavo material was recorded in The Basement w Jaime King before he really took off. Around the time Narayan became Gadrel, then changed their name to Glass Casket. A lotta NC metalcore was becoming heavier and ditching the melody, like Beloved splintering off to Advent, etc.

easyhateoven 89 days ago
i liked glass casket

Tsavo is fairly similar. Around that time there was a growing scene divide, I remember, like emocore bands like Walsham or I think something like This Hero Dies, Amadeus… you had the heavier now more death metal hardcore metalcore bands, and there was a scene of like hot topic In Flames "korn is totally heavy bro" new jacks at places like Somewhere Else Tavern popping up playing like Underoath influenced meh.

Fūcking highly doubt these tracks aren't corrupted, but, this was my band at 14-16 lol. We played a few shows in VFW halls, the guy from Heartscarved told us we'd open up for the BTBAM debut show… like hard guaranteed and then we found out he wasn't booking it, and Narayan opened and we broke up lmfao. https://myspace.com/dividedwefall01

easyhateoven 89 days ago
niiiice

We unintentionally sounded like Joshua fit for battle because we sucked. The guy from Heartscarved thought we knew who they were and said we sounded like them. Our demo was recorded by a guy from my HS who had a Creed rip off type band that was pretty popular and he told us we needed to sing and play more power chord riffs, swear to the bear, he also mixed our music like shit so the vocals were so overpowering the music (you could only hear the cymbals on the drums lol, 4 track in 2000/01)

easyhateoven 89 days ago
i picked up on some screamo

Around 2000 in NC there had to have been, easily, 150-200 local metalcore bands basically trying to be Undying or Prayer for Cleansing, and given the time gap between DoS and then, half them probably didn't even know what band started that thing in NC basically lol

evil_hero 89 days ago
simon_belmont 1 hour ago Anyone remember the poster from way back in the day the_black_halibut? yeah that dude was funny as hell he was up there with high flyin panda in my favs RIP he never was able to get his dick unstuck from that mousetrap