Home > Forum > Topic

Weirdest shows you've ever been to

simon_belmont 4 days ago
Bad Brains when they were playing as Soul Brains. Must have been around 03 or 04. HR came out on stage wearing sweatpants tucked into socks and a classic Charlotte Hornets Starter jacket. He sat on the drum riser drinking something orange from a giant water jug and was flipping through a notebook. After a while the band came out and sounded great but HR was singing the songs like a lounge singer. The band got frustrated and left. He started reading things from his notebook and then the band came back and started playing until HR knocked the sticks out of Earls hands and they all left again for good. HR says, "who wants to hear a new song?" And he starts playing drums and saying weird things into the mic. The tour manager comes out and starts telling the sound guys to cut the mics. Sunn touring with Malefic on vocals circa 05 or 06. The show was booked at a tiny American Legion hall when the band was playing significantly larger venues at the time. They could only fit half of their back line in and I found out later, the Moog player never plugged in because he looked at the wiring and thought the place was going to go up in flames. Nachmystium opened and the PA burst into flames. Some guys carried the speakers out and threw them in the snow. They finished their set with no vocals which was actually way better. Somehow another PA was delivered. When Sunn played they fogged the place up so much you literally couldn't see more than a foot in front of you because the place was so small. I saw a kid fall over in the middle of the set and then run to the back of the room. It was so loud in there I could feel my brain vibrating inside my skull. A friend told me he went outside and crossed the street to look at the building and said the entire frame was shaking.

carveyournamein 4 days ago
Deftones at a House of Blues in Atlantic City.

Nothing but 40+ year olds.

It was sad.

simon_belmont 4 days ago
Oh yeah Blue Oyster Cult at an arena football game. They played like 3 songs at half time and like 8 more after the game. Tickets cost like 5 bucks and no one paid attention to them. This was probably like 02

BULLHEAD 4 days ago
probably Damageplan back in '04

Godfreyjones 4 days ago
Deicide sometime between 2008-2010 at I think Harpo's in Detroit. We showed up at a decent time so we could get a few drinks in before the show started, but they wouldn't let anyone in. Everyone sat outside for a solid half hour before they told us that there was a dispute between Glen Benton and the venue owner and they would be late. They told us to hold out for a little while longer so the other bigger opening acts(I think jungle rot and maybe kataklysm). A few minutes later they told us to go to I-Rock down the street and the show would be there. We sat through some of the worst local bands Ive ever heard, there was a drunk dude from Windsor that I was 100% sure was Shat that got kicked out, and after sitting through all that shit, they tell us none of the bands are showing. They didn't refund us either.

BULLHEAD 4 days ago
i took E before going to a cryptopsy show and it was a very weird experience. it was when Lord Worm was back and he a big chalice of worms he was eating and feeding to the crowd and i still don't know if it was a trick or not. drums were so fast3

AnalButt 4 days ago
We opened for a band that was just a dork playing guitar and a mildly attractive female playing drums. It wasn't as low rent as The White Stripes but it was 2006. The guitarist would hold random children's toys and other electronic devices to his pick-ups and it was actually really cool. But I was stoned out of my mind so it might've sucked. Also; deftones 2003 when Poison The Well opened. Chino was so drunk he bitch-screamed about half the vocals and kept running to different platforms that had a control panel with knobs that you'd think would manipulate the sound but I think the sound guy enabled them. Again; both great shows.

Godfreyjones 4 days ago
Lol https://forum.metal-archives.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=57973

AnalButt 4 days ago
What's the opposite of enabled? The sound guy did that

BULLHEAD 4 days ago
disabled

AnalButt 4 days ago
Lol

AnalButt 4 days ago
I'm high and have to wake up at 330am.

simon_belmont 4 days ago
A photo of HR at that show http://www.theantiemoempire.com/pics/toads111403/Soul.gif