Home > Forum > Topic

Avant-garde Doo Wop

simon_belmont 145 days ago
I think I'm into this

AmusedToDeath 145 days ago
Twin Temple claims to be "Satanic doo wop."

BULLHEAD 145 days ago
i don't know if hearing too much doo-wop in that Eunuchs, it's like cabartet free jazz

Yeah more Tom Waits-y.

ShaolinLambKiller 145 days ago
it's not immediately but it's in there.

we are talking like a few spots in an hour album

BULLHEAD 145 days ago
would Scott Walker count? no, i do not think that he would

I'm thinking it would have to be like 4 dissonant intervals instead of a nice 4 part harmony. And like a Scott Walker-like vocalist over the top. Maybe played in like 7/8 time or something

there is some avant garde sorta dude that does something kinda like that but it's with these short skits. I never bought the dvd set but there was so much weird shit where people would talk and then others would respond and slowly end up layering. and there was repeatition with slight variations and blending. I don't remember who the f*ck it was. it was almost like a fever dream watching it.

BULLHEAD 145 days ago
was it Caretaker? they did that album where it was all just snippets of old songs and shit. it was supposed to be what went on in the head of an old person with dementia i think

BULLHEAD 145 days ago
"An Empty Bliss Beyond This World is the ninth studio album by the Caretaker, an ambient music project of English musician Leyland Kirby. The record is based on a study regarding people with Alzheimer's disease being able to remember music they listened to when they were younger, as well as where they were and how they felt when they listened to it. "

BULLHEAD 5 minutes ago was it Caretaker? they did that album where it was all just snippets of old songs and shit. it was supposed to be what went on in the head of an old person with dementia i think no this was 2003. i know the caretaker album. this actually had actors and wasn't an album. it was a visual and audio feverdream

BULLHEAD 145 days ago
oh i missed that part

it was a dvd set of all this particular dude's shorts some stared dude from Alan Rickman in them at least the ones I watched. they were anywhere from 2 mins to 20

yeah retard. like everyone ever has heard of the caretaker. I used to be in a backrooms group and it was constantly posted. like yeah once over is enough. i didn't find it all as moving as everyone else cause i'm not a f*cking pleb.