Home > Forum > Topic

Going to see Charlie Parr at Levon Helm studio soon

simon_belmont 66 days ago
I heard that Levon Helm studio is pretty nice. Also since it's in Woodstock I might drive by Big Pink and honk my horn

B__DAWG 66 days ago
sounds fun

It DOES sound fun

B__DAWG 66 days ago
hey how come you never told me this Didn't It Rain cd is so good? i love it

B__DAWG 66 days ago
wolf headed conjurer in the crossroads, green eyed alien chant brought the lightning down very evocative. i can relate to it

That's the first Molina record I heard. It's great. I love that ghostly "lap steel bass" that sounds like a cello

B__DAWG 66 days ago
hey whats the best townes van zandt cd? i only like that for the sake of the song song.

Live @ The Old Quarter

PoultryInMotion 66 days ago
Live at the Old Quarter is thr best track list. He's got so many recordings of the same songs, and I dont even like all hid stuff. He cracks some good jokes between songs when he plays live.

My problem with a lot of his studio albums is the unnecessary overblown arrangements. I think that was just a common thing back then. The first 2 Nick Drake records suffer from that too. These guys are best when it's just them and a guitar

B__DAWG 66 days ago
i prefer studio recordings

B__DAWG 66 days ago
i want phil spector in there adding all sorts of crazy strings

Do you like that Neil Young song There's A World? I hate it. It sounds like a Disney movie song.

B__DAWG 66 days ago
yeah that song sucks shit

B__DAWG 66 days ago
but that's just cause it's not a very good song it'd be even worse without all the orchestration