Home > Forum > Topic

Screaming type singing goats

_steelpanda_ 12 days ago
Any of y'all do this? or know how to do it? without ripping your throat to shit? Starting to sound like George Burns over here.

unvisitedgrave 12 days ago
I'm legitimately awesome at it.

jimbo 12 days ago
you need a drummer panda?

unvisitedgrave 12 days ago
Don't make it a loudness contest. That's what the mic is for. People always trying to be the loudest "screamer" and blow their shit out in two seconds. Can't be a great performer if you can't even perform. f*ck around at different volumes. Wear headphones and use a mic. You'll figure it out.

_steelpanda_ 12 days ago
Hell yeah man, you completely answered my follow up, with volume and mic etc. Going to rent a pa for a few days next week and try to do the whole damn thing and see what it sounds like at practice. If it sounds like shit, I'll find someone else to do it lol. Jimbo I got a kit, y'all 2 come stay with me. We can start a Grindcore trio, Brutal Panda. Brutal Truth worship band. We can record and shoot video in the caves on my property. It's rattler season so bring snake chaps

VodkaVeins 12 days ago
I cant sing for shit, but i can do decent shouted/screamy vocals (no growly metal stuff though) Use your diaphragm as much as possible. You gotta have some throat in there sometimes, but dont go too hard. Its kinda like the reverse of learning to chug a beer...open your throat and let the sound flow from your gut

rick_tocchet 11 days ago
Get dem breathing exercises going. Look up the singer of archspire. Even if you dont like the band check out some of the shit he can do with his breath and vocal style. Its impressive.

Barbara 11 days ago
I think he just saw Archspire play

_steelpanda_ 11 days ago
I did. At first when I saw them I was like wtf. I don't think I liked it. I'm a guitar player, their was tooooo much guitar going on for my brain to understand. I'm not kidding, it gave me anxiety. We were right in front on side. I mainly watched singer. By the end of it, the singer to me was the star of it, not knocking anyone else's musicianship. He does this super f*cking weird thing with his mouth, almost looks like he dislocates his jaw? Licks lips, and just f*cking blast something like 3 rap Paragraphs? Yeah, lol that dude is insane. The other thing that I realized a few days ago listening to them. I play jazz right. The whole band, singer included. All trade 4's at various points in their songs. They link drums-guitars-bass-vocals. Just one long melody line. I definitely want to see them a few more times now that I kinda understand it. They are definitely cryptopsy level of musicianship to me. And cryptopsy is pinnacle of tech death to me.

_steelpanda_ 11 days ago
Vodka that's the style I really want to do after I wrap up the black metal project. I have about 7, killing the dream, modern life is war type songs, ready to go.

RAGINGFUCKMAN 11 days ago
just shout randomly like a panicked maniac with no regard for the feelings of sharp or stretching from your throat and then just grunt as low as you can go as loud as you possibly can and then do the ric flair whooooooo youll feel great

RAGINGFUCKMAN 11 days ago
it also helps if you try not to breathe, air is the enemy of hostility

_steelpanda_ 11 days ago
Hahahahahaha Air is the enemy of hostility

_steelpanda_ 11 days ago
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CdjEhA1pXe4/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y= Jimbo, do synchronization type fills on the Dillinger part. It's the tritone section, pre chorus to chorus. Call this 44% turnt. Off my album. Under the cumming board.