Home > Forum > Topic

Clutch - Robot Hive/Exodus

simon_belmont 10 days ago
Their last really good record. Also probably their best record.

jimbo 10 days ago
most of their stuff after this is pretty bad, but i do enjoy Earth Rocker.

willy_wanker 10 days ago
blast tyrant > and in my opinion their last really good album. everything after just has one or two good tracks

Well, you're wrong. Because this is best

jimbo 10 days ago
lol i missed the part where you said it was their best. f*ckin yikes bro.

S/t and Elephant Riders are your favorite because of nostalgia. But now think about the actual music.

jimbo 10 days ago
i still rotate elephant riders. grooves so much more than robot hive. robot hive was just a filler album that has some good riffs but wacky nu segments every other few minutes and gets boring.

You listened wrong. It's all bluesy and has really catchy melodies for the first (and maybe only) time. The organ accompaniment is spot on.

Vince 10 days ago
Robot/Hive is good man. I'm high.

jimbo 10 days ago
all clutch albums are bluesy. not sure if youve actually listened to all their albums more than once.

willy_wanker 10 days ago
i think about the actual music. they got too jammy and i dont really care for the keyboards

No I don't mean rock with blues licks. I mean actual blues.

jimbo 10 days ago
willy knows whats up. they got lost around robot hive and tried to return to more rock/metal roots after and thats when their shit sucked. except earth rocker. just listen to backerton group if you want their bluesy jam shit.

Well they tried, and failed, at being ZZ Top on Beale Street. You might be right about them trying to return after that. Ive only ever given those albums after a once over

willy_wanker 10 days ago
blast tyrant is the last album where i like the entire album, not half or part of it