Home > Forum > Topic

the new meshuggah album is #3 album on itunes top album charts overall

Zordon 243 days ago
j.cole and miley cyrus released albums today and meshuggah is beating them both

Zordon 243 days ago
im only 7 songs in and i can already pretty comfortably say this is their best album since obZen

jimbo 243 days ago
shit is fire zordy!!

Zordon 243 days ago
this is maybe the most consistent meshuggah album they have put out, every song on here is a monster which is kind of crazy considering its also their longest album to date at 66 minutes ok i just checked and its the longest one its also kind of experimental in a weird way for them i mean i hear some death/black metal influence on here like 'black cathedral' is basically a 2 minute watain riff and there is even a song that starts with clean guitars wtf

Zordon 243 days ago
ok theres a song on here that might be the best meshuggah song ive ever heard but im not gonna name it yet because i need to sleep on it first before i say something like that

dog_boner 243 days ago
Zordy, Behind the Sun on Koloss starts with cleans too. There's one on catch 33 too. I wasn't even gonna check this one out since VSOR sucked so bad, but this sounds promising. I really just need thordendal to release his new solo record

Zordon 243 days ago
ya this album is a beast it doesnt even need to grow on me this is a 10 out of 10 straight up on first listen, its a top tier meshuggah album

jimbo 243 days ago
let's get together and pray, do cocaine, hug, fight, mosh and headbang on 9/20

jimbo 243 days ago
aka let's will smith brother!

evil_hero 243 days ago
Zordon 51 minutes ago ya this album is a beast it doesnt even need to grow on me this is a 10 out of 10 straight up on first listen, its a top tier meshuggah album jimbo 3 minutes ago let's get together and pray, do cocaine, hug, fight, mosh and headbang on 9/20 get it bros

thetowerofrome 242 days ago
All the track releases have been boring as f*ck and I like meshuggah a lot. I guess I should give the whole thing a listen but to act like the track releases are some of their best is hilarious

NorthFromHere 242 days ago
Best since Obzen for sure. I don't think they have another Chaosphere in them at this stage but still was pleasantly surprised.

dog_boner 242 days ago
I'll second that. This will actually be in my rotation. Still would much rather see Thordendals solo album released. It should be done, he took like 2 or 3 years off to just do that and build a studio for it

Godfreyjones 242 days ago
I liked what I heard, but the singles have been duds. Something about the constant guitar wanking is annoying as hell. Just give me those heavy djent riffs.

Portslob 242 days ago
They all suck