Home > Forum > Topic

Who here does house flipping?

Kvin 185 days ago
Any crazy stories? The house I'm flipping now had a toilet that was flushing really weak. No matter how much I snaked it or plunged it, nothing helped. Popped that bad boy off to see if it was further down the line and there was nothing. My plumber buddy says to check to see if there was anything obstructing the water from the tank from coming into the bowl. Found a tennis ball sized concentration of what I can only describe as crystallized piss and hard water build up. Chucked it into the neighbors yard who keeps parking in my driveway when we're not here working.

evil_hero 185 days ago
wat

ej 185 days ago
i can't lift a house let alone flip it

iwilladapt 185 days ago
not flipping, per say. but i've invested in some real estate, mainly because i get a pretty good discount through work if the development doesn't immediately sellout. however, one of the worst experiences was buying this little cabin. the property and the cabin (from the outside) was great. but the owner was renting it out at the time we went to look at it. so we didn't really get a good look at everything inside. and the price was so good, we weren't really in a position to complain or negotiate. so we bought it. the lady wanted to continue renting. we let her. it went south fast. she was an older lady, who was very religious and would try to convert my wife and i during every conversation or interaction. and later we learned she might be insane or on the threshold of dementia. because she stopped bathing, she didn't realize the shower/ tub area had developed a leak or maybe she knew and just didn't say anything. because we also figured out that the fridge was leaking and had actually started to sink into the subfloor because it had been like that for years. so around this time, she also stopped paying rent. saying her bank account had been hacked. then the next month she claimed she was attacked by a wild pack of dogs. this cabin was in a rural area... but at this point we had to file an eviction. at which point she called daily leaving messages saying i was going to hell and that she knew i was a demon. i had anticipated a legal battle or even some form of lawsuit as she had claimed to have fallen in the cabin before. but alas, about two days before the sheriff were due to come throw her on her ass, she up and disappeared. my wife saw her once, a few years later, in a grocery store parking lot emptying her car's contents onto the ground. she said it looked like she was living in the car, or hoarding it out at the very least.

Barbara 185 days ago
I can't believe I skimmed that. Please venmo me $3.11 for my time

dayman 185 days ago
f*cking lol iwilladapt

iwilladapt 185 days ago
hey, he explicitly asked for stories.

Barbara 185 days ago
just pepper in more piss and shit next time please

Godfreyjones 185 days ago
We just sold a house in December that was an absolute nightmare to flip. The previous owner was some roided out DJ with anger issues and the house was basically a party house with a basement club. Found lots of hidden goodies in the house like used condoms stuffed in the drop ceiling.

ej 185 days ago
i don't flip homes, but a sale my office worked on was stalled for a day or two when they found a corner of a bedroom's carpet was absolutely rock hard, and their were little drip stains along the baseboards and lower wall

nothinlefttogive 185 days ago
Just offloaded my condo to my sister after living in it for 16 years. When I did the new flooring for my first floor they uncovered the bad deeds of previous homeowners. They placed a piece of insulation under the waste pipe to absorb drainage/filth from a poorly installed flange. I fixed that shit...pun intended...

skinsuit 185 days ago
https://lambgoat.com/forum/

VodkaVeins 185 days ago
ej 20 minutes ago i don't flip homes, but a sale my office worked on was stalled for a day or two when they found a corner of a bedroom's carpet was absolutely rock hard, and their were little drip stains along the baseboards and lower wall Sale stalled on account of cum corner

ej 185 days ago
big fat load of cum

evil_hero 185 days ago
iwilladapt 48 minutes ago hey, he explicitly asked for stories. i thought it was a good story