Home > Features > View

Dethrone The Sovereign premiere 360 degree playthrough video

4/4/2016 12:46:06 PM
[ 4,773 views ]

Utah metal act Dethrone The Sovereign unveil a 360° playthrough video for their song "The Vitruvian Augmentation."
Dethrone The Sovereign

You may or may not be familiar with Salt Lake City, Utah progressive death metal band Dethrone The Sovereign. Formed in 2008, the sextet has previously put out two EPs and embarked upon several regional tours. Last year they released a single titled "The Vitruvian Augmentation" through Famined Records. Today, we're pleased to unveil the band's new 360° video for the composition, which finds the band live tracking the song. Here's a word from the DTS regarding their motivation for the endeavor:

"We had requests for playthroughs for various instruments and couldn't decide which one to do, so we decided to do everything. We embraced new technology and put the control in the hands of the viewers to decide which instrument they want to watch. This is a raw, live recorded 360 degree video of The Vitruvian Augmentation."

Makes sense to us. Check out the video below (if you're new to the 360 degree thing, drag your mouse cursor or finger over the video to change your perspective) and if you dig what these guys are up to, follow them on Facebook.

Comments
MDWKS   posted 4/4/2016 3:27:14 PM
Look at these f*cking sad sacks. Damn.
anonymous   posted 4/4/2016 4:03:13 PM
Sad sacks? Why don't you go listen to your Partridge Family album again for about the thousandth time?
anonymous   posted 4/4/2016 4:48:47 PM
These guys f*cking kill it great job!!!!
xbumpx   posted 4/4/2016 6:28:15 PM
keys actually shred
anonymous   posted 4/4/2016 9:32:52 PM
Exceptional!! 360 concept is fantastic. Dethrone..Dethrone.. Dethrone!!
anonymous   posted 4/4/2016 9:54:41 PM
Seriously, f*ck this band, they're f*cking shit.
anonymous   posted 4/4/2016 11:19:03 PM
Dope!
anonymous   posted 4/5/2016 12:36:37 AM
Haters sck a dck, if you had half the talent of this band the best part of ya wouldn't have run down your mommas ass crack! Dethrone!
anonymous   posted 4/5/2016 5:28:31 AM
It doesn't matter how tight or talented they are. This is as passe as it gets. Innovate or GTFO. 2003 is stoked
anonymous   posted 4/5/2016 8:14:27 AM
Hell yeah! Cool as f*ck
anonymous   posted 4/5/2016 10:33:23 AM
These guys are technical and tight. Not just another three chord slasher band.
anonymous   posted 4/5/2016 12:24:55 PM
Passe? Someone is using fancy sounding words in an attempt at seeming cool. Just because they dont program their keys instead of using an actual person or play 8 string guitars does not make them passe.
anonymous   posted 4/5/2016 12:44:11 PM
Damn I wish more people could appreciate real talent and composition like this instead of chug a lug trendy bullshit like Chelsea Grin.
anonymous   posted 4/5/2016 12:59:45 PM
This is f*cking cool! Saw these dudes play last night with Intervals, Plini, and Angel Vivaldi. Awesome group of guys, super humble and talented as f*ck. I'm hooked and won't be surprised when they hit the big time. Keep shreddin boys \m/
anonymous   posted 4/5/2016 1:24:29 PM
"Innovate or GTFO"? "Passe"? Stfu and get out of here with your hipster ass. If it ain't broke don't fix it, and these boys don't need to change a damn thing. I haven't seen anyone else do this yet. It's like getting a personal performance while you're right in the middle of it. If that isn't Innovative, then idk what is. I'm stoked to have seen this, and hope I can get a chance to catch them live ASAP because this rules.
anonymous   posted 4/5/2016 1:38:47 PM
Cool! However, I do have to argue that the quality is a little low for me even on the 1080 setting. Maybe its just my phone though, seeing as this 360 thing is fairly new and my phone is old as shit. Either way, unique take on the whole concept and excited to see more from this band.
anonymous   posted 4/5/2016 1:51:45 PM
Siiiick
anonymous   posted 4/5/2016 2:03:35 PM
Holy f*ck, I'd like to see a 360 video of just the drummers beard
anonymous   posted 4/5/2016 2:46:30 PM
If ya'll didn't have so much damn weenie juice in your mouths you wouldn't have to be so salty about everything. Its an awesome concept, and way more interesting than most of the 360 stuff out there. Ya'll try too hard to hate on shit lol. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the music, I prefer older thrash, but I can still respect it.
anonymous   posted 4/5/2016 6:23:04 PM
Video = nice! If more bands could do this, I'd be stoked. Music on the other hand, I have to agree that it's a little past it's prime in the genre. If they wrote some new stuff a little more with the times, I bet it would slay.
anonymous   posted 4/5/2016 7:07:03 PM
Sooooo many band members commenting here. Fruit metal for queers
anonymous   posted 4/5/2016 7:38:15 PM
I got here from the front page soooo ¯\_(?)_/¯ and if this is fruit metal call me a queer cause I love it hahaha
anonymous   posted 4/5/2016 10:14:20 PM
guy in the middle is boy or girl?
anonymous   posted 4/5/2016 11:00:32 PM
The blonde? That is definetley a dude or one ugly ass chick hahaha
anonymous   posted 4/5/2016 11:32:36 PM
^^ in the middle you retard. With the cool comb over
anonymous   posted 4/6/2016 12:37:42 AM
Lol for real? That is obviously a dude, but nice stretch for a boring edgy insult. Try harder next time you f*ckin pleb, you're making it too easy. This band sucks but you're trolling is worse.
anonymous   posted 4/6/2016 1:04:50 AM
Yo this thread is poppin tho lmao. Who wants to fist fight and cuddle while listening to Nick Jonas' new guitar solo ayyyyy.
anonymous   posted 4/6/2016 1:33:26 AM
^ WTF ^ dudes talking about some other dudes hair and cuddling Nick Jonas??? This isn't Grindr fruitcakes, go play with each other's balls somewhere else
anonymous   posted 4/6/2016 7:01:49 AM
Oh look it's the deathcore version of dream theatre , you can all the talent in the world but if you can't write a descent song you still suck.Case in point.....this shit show
anonymous   posted 4/6/2016 8:58:42 AM
I could bate to this
anonymous   posted 4/6/2016 11:39:08 AM
Kinda sounds like trivium....
anonymous   posted 4/6/2016 12:55:55 PM
360 didn't play on my iphone from this link. Had to go to facebook link.
anonymous   posted 4/6/2016 1:09:52 PM
Saw these guys in Reno, they were f*cking terrible.
anonymous   posted 4/6/2016 3:40:18 PM
Not sure why people are saying they need to "get with the times", these dudes should continue doing what they are doing and chasing trends and trying to be something that they are not is as whack as it gets. I see no reason why they need to do trendy shit for the sake of being trendy just because some neck beard elitist douchebags think they are entitled to have an opinion. If you don't have something nice to say troll elsewhere
anonymous   posted 4/6/2016 3:50:58 PM
This makes me want to inject sewage into my veins and die of toxic shock. f*ck that drummers beard. f*ck that blonde chick and f*ck the plad douchery. Cucks, poofty ass wanna be's. This is edited and obviously not live. Garbage.
anonymous   posted 4/6/2016 4:23:37 PM
^ Please just do it so I don't have to ever have to waste my time reading such garbage again
anonymous   posted 4/6/2016 5:30:41 PM
^^ drummer's transgender mom/dad
anonymous   posted 4/6/2016 6:44:32 PM
That's what you chose as your comeback? Jesus christ how boring and mediocre. Next please.
anonymous   posted 4/6/2016 11:05:23 PM
^^ this song is boring and mediocre. Next please, gay
anonymous   posted 4/7/2016 10:39:38 AM
Yawn. Boring trolls are stoked. For the record, the only person that's been mentioning dicks and being gay is you so far. I think you might have a little problem, it's called denial. Don't worry though, just know you can get professional help or fully embrace your homosexuality.
anonymous   posted 4/9/2016 3:04:20 AM
All these hater comments and homophobic/ transphobic comments are giving me a serious case of catastrophobia. Bunch of basement dwellers who have nothing better to do than sit around and troll while suppressing their overtly gay tendencies since they are so disappointed their innovative progressive technical djent blackened death slam core band hasn't gotten signed since they just make fart noises into a mic with palm muted bass over electronic double pedals set at 666 bpm
anonymous   posted 4/18/2016 11:47:57 AM
This is half timed as shit! Not live recorded obviously.
anonymous   posted 4/18/2016 3:37:14 PM
I know these guys. Total live performance. Good enough live to get people to think otherwise. That's what they sound like live. Dumb asses.