Home > Albums > Comments

Poison The Well - The Tropic Rot comments

next >   last >> (showing 1-15 of 52)
PoolShark25   posted 3/6/2013 11:31:24 PM
least fav of their albums 2 soft
_   posted 4/23/2010 10:29:20 PM
Poison The Well has always f*cking ruled. With so much f*cking awful trash coming out these days its really awesome to see one of the veterans of the genre survive and still create powerful music.
mr.sparkles_   posted 1/6/2010 6:12:14 PM
what happens when the Tear From The Red kids like me grow Up???? A haunting piece of post hardcore art called The Tropic Rot. Great f*cking album, haters can go suck off Rise Records for their money shot of re-written v-neck breakdowns. gays.
_   posted 8/25/2009 4:37:52 PM
solid album. not as good as older stuff, but solid none the less
Patrick_   posted 8/23/2009 7:11:00 PM
Versions was by far PTW's best work. It was mature and brilliant and original and somewhat epic. The Tropic Rot just sounds like a horrible forced studio album that they made over night to please fans of Opposite of December. I love PTW to death but this last release was horrid and so unoriginal. By far the worst PTW album to date.
njb_   posted 8/17/2009 2:20:37 PM
Best Record of 2009 hands down. I've listened to this record on loop since I bought it. Everything about it is fantastic and the transition from track to track is great. Don't know why Jeff gets so much flack for his lyrics/singing, because he gets better with every record. Most his lyrics are metaphors for things much closer and deeper to him... i thought "she's a ballerina" was cheesy at first myself, but after listening to the song so many times and reading the lyrics I get it, and now I
StillJamsDistanceEP_   posted 8/6/2009 7:31:59 PM
Kid I know went to that 10 bands for 10 bucks show last night, said the majority of the crowd left when these guys took the stage. Pretty sad considering they headlined the thing. The only thing that hasnt changed dramatically about this band is the name. I heard this album, not my thing but I see where it gets some good talk about it.
Bill O'Reilly_   posted 8/3/2009 4:06:51 PM
f*ckING THING SUCKS!
tdaddyfunkypants_   posted 8/3/2009 6:24:25 AM
Probably one of the dopest albums to be released in a long time.
ChachiBona_   posted 7/22/2009 1:33:16 PM
Not seeing the big difference from Versions. The CD is good, but to me I felt as if they should have tried harder to get away from Versions. I'm not looking for the older PTW just something different. I guess in a sense REAL DIFFERENT, but isnt that what everyone these days is trying to do. I'd give them an A for effort, but a C+ for the outcome.
Nick_   posted 7/21/2009 12:26:50 AM
I AM A GIANT gay
agent_friday_   posted 7/18/2009 2:35:07 AM
I figured you were reviewing this album. Not comparing it to Versions. Idiot.
cousingoat_   posted 7/17/2009 4:52:59 PM
This album was decent.TFTR still tops anything they have ever put out.
queerface_   posted 7/10/2009 12:49:17 PM
lambgoat reviewers can suck the shit out of my jerk. versions 4 lyfe
shutyourfacehole_   posted 7/9/2009 10:41:11 PM
versions was a twangy mess? did you want some regurgitated metalcore disc that sounds like any of the trillion bands spawned from Opposite or TFTR? versions was an experiment and i f*ckin loved it. and tropic rot is the answer to those who couldn't go that far out, its got the western tinge but with more of the trademark PTW. deftones? maybe if saturday night wrist hadn't f*cked them up so bad, but still not right. scarlet? also a left field reference. the fact that there isn't a decent comparis
  next >   last >> (showing 1-15 of 52)