Home > Albums > Comments

The Human Abstract - Nocturne comments

next >   last >> (showing 1-15 of 32)
D_   posted 12/24/2007 9:35:36 AM
^ The piano part is technically on Desiderata, though they play from there on for the video and when they play it live. I think it's awesome, and actually well written and not some filler piano piece like most bands use.

Stop comparing this band to BTBAM. They're technical, but when I listen to this I don't go "OMG Alaska!" and neither does anybody I know that's heard both CDs.

_   posted 12/2/2006 7:56:07 PM
kid above me is a f*cking idiot. production/songwriting tip: this album should have been much more aggressive.
Heaven Beside You_   posted 11/21/2006 10:03:06 AM
Honestly...I'd never heard of these guys until some girl talked to me about them. I listen to a lot of shit...but these guys...provide a brand new inspiration to my writing. I wouldn't say their lyrics are "life changing" but then again no one's have been for me. They are however...not boring. They're well written...with some of the best guitar I've heard since all I knew was Metallica and Megadeth. They do so much more than just shred. Yes they shred but it sounds so damn good and It's not mind
_   posted 10/24/2006 5:41:13 AM
this band owns your f*cking band. commit suicide you little idiots.
_   posted 10/1/2006 8:35:18 PM
this band needs Mike Patton
your god_   posted 9/27/2006 6:31:40 PM
Best f*cking band ever...best singer ever...god gives this record 2 thumbs up...
_   posted 9/18/2006 7:28:29 PM
Yeah, whoever says the we're "the saviors of rock" first, wakes up to animal heads in their bed. That's my least favorite and most overused magazine hype title. No bad blood here, and thanks for the well wishing. I HAVE to defend my integrity, you must understand.. It's all I have.
Nick Scandy_   posted 9/15/2006 4:39:51 PM
The purpose of reviews are to give my opinion on albums, many of which that are accompanied by a press sheet to provide a brief introduction to the band. I've read one too many press sheets and seen one too many banner ads and commercials that have unnecessarily pretentious descriptions in them. I have to imagine that bands get some sort of say in what goes on their press sheet for an album that is their creation. If not, I suggest you should either look for a label that gives you more free r
Nathan Ells_   posted 9/14/2006 9:24:36 PM
It seems that the only one in this little review that is obsessed with our good friends in Between The Buried And Me is the reviewer. I've never actually heard Alaska in entirety, although I did see them live once. My only message to Nick Scandy is that he should interview me before making accusations about my character based on some press sheet that he believes we wrote about ourselves. Otherwise he might end up sounding like a novice journalist.
@not gozer_   posted 9/13/2006 2:42:09 PM
what a dumbass; AJ would shred you, your cat and your filthy mattress to pieces.
not gozer_   posted 9/13/2006 8:30:19 AM
i heard this shit last night and i think i vomited on my cat. "shred" i think not, i heard some sweeps but thats about it.
somewhat angry man_   posted 9/12/2006 8:14:54 AM
Why do all of you dumbf*cks say Crossing the Rubicon is the standout track of this album? Scandy, you're a pssy and I bet you didn't listen to this more than once. Mea Culpa is the best track by far as it shows what this band is really about: shred. It's probably one of the more recent songs they wrote before recording. Their next album should be very good. Just wait and see if I'm wrong.
goo_   posted 9/12/2006 8:08:25 AM
IMHO, they don't outshred Necrophagist -that guitarist is something of a prodigy, who's vocals are terrible, and if you sing-a-long to that filler crap you're an idiot. This band has a superb lead guitarist, a very good rhythm guitarist and drummer, an above-average vocalist, and a somewhat lousy bassist. Not the best songwriting, lots of guitar glitter here, which inevitably compromises well-written songs, but these dudes are 20 and 21 -excluding vocalist- a very young, developing band (!) and
bdmguitarist_   posted 9/8/2006 4:26:18 AM
seriously good instrumantation but the song structure was a little week. tho i wil be followin and am looking forward to the next release
CuntSnot_   posted 9/7/2006 8:32:27 PM
*plays guitar warm-up exercises over blast-beats, causing kids who think Bane is technical to suck my c-ck
  next >   last >> (showing 1-15 of 32)