Home > Albums > Comments

Alarum - Eventuality comments

next >   last >> (showing 1-15 of 23)
Ron_   posted 5/10/2005 5:39:27 AM
I cant get into this f*cking garbage at all
HB_Dad_   posted 1/28/2005 9:08:13 PM
Amazing shit! I fully agree with this review, EXCEPT about the aspects of the vocals that are bad. I think the clean vocals are fine (except the dual layering of them at times), but the growls sound like ass. I agree with another repliers Metallica comment totally. His growls give the songs a wierd unwanted 80's vibe to the songs. I would prefer a more gruff death-metal/metalcore style vocal for the metal stuff along the lines of the vocalist on the new Bury Your Dead. That style may be ever-pre
jon_   posted 1/26/2005 9:00:41 PM
i don't see the complaints about the mix... everything is extremely clean, the only complaint i may have is the vocals are bit up front and there could be more guitars but its definitely a decent recording. they are one of the very few bands today playing this style and IMO the best at it since CYNIC. the album gets alot better the more you listen to it and get to know it. i personally really like the clean vocals, the cleans are done better than the other vocal style. top notch disc.
_   posted 1/26/2005 5:16:25 PM
Don't have the cd, but i've heard some really good songs by this band. But I'll have to agree with everybody else; The music is really good, but the vocals need a lot of work. In my opinion, I think the vocals sound too much like Matallica's.
eljustin_   posted 1/25/2005 7:39:01 PM
great band
Connoisseur_   posted 1/25/2005 3:03:31 AM
Somewhat interesting musicaianship, and definite points for ambition. The recording However does not live up. The instrument mix sounds rough and and the vocals sound like they were recorded direct onto a PC, and it comes off as amature-ish. This;

"Alarum surpasses the ability of any band of this sort I've heard before by such immense leaps and bounds, they should ban all other bands from claiming to be "progressive.""

Is a Rook ass, thing to say.
acornfallace_   posted 1/24/2005 9:58:16 AM
amazing instrumentals..... vocals could be better
LifetoLifeless_   posted 1/23/2005 5:02:17 PM
Like many others mentioned, good music, bad vocals. I could never listen to this for an extended period because the vocals are so bad.
tanner_   posted 1/23/2005 3:50:06 PM
awesome musically, vocals would take alot to get used to....i personally like Extol's Undecieved album, and maybe even the newest Synergy over this cd for that kind of style.
no_cool_names_left_   posted 1/23/2005 2:37:01 PM
yeah the vocals suck. I also think these dudes would be a lot better with decent production. this album sounds like hell.
ThatHxCGuy_   posted 1/23/2005 9:03:10 AM
The music is fantastic. My only real complaint...The Vocals. They sound out of place and unoriginal. The music is honesly good enough, they could go the way of the vocalless, and do amazing.
TheWood_   posted 1/23/2005 2:38:08 AM
Good God! Cut the vocalist...or at the very least, tell him to cut the clean vocals. Other than that, I cannot complain. This band has musical chops to spare.
_   posted 1/22/2005 10:05:41 PM
you opinions are wrong
SeveredInTwo_   posted 1/22/2005 9:21:00 PM
^ hahahahaha
willxcore is a fruit_   posted 1/22/2005 8:32:42 PM
i just have to remind everyone that willxcore is a f*cking gay
  next >   last >> (showing 1-15 of 23)