Madball and guitarist 'Mitts' part ways

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 6:58 AM PT

Mitts leaves Madball

New York City hardcore legends Madball have announced the departure of guitar player Brian "Mitts" Daniels after roughly sixteen years together. Details haven't been disclosed, but his exit appears to have been the result of a mutual decision by both parties.

Madball had this to say:

"It was a very hard and heartbreaking decision, for all involved. I want to thank Mitts for all his years of service - for his loyalty, passion and stellar guitar playing. He shared the stage with us for 16 years, which is longer than any other guitarist. We shared some very special moments together in those years, both on and off stage. We had many good times, sad times, bad and funny moments. As is the case with Family. He will go into our own personal "hall of fame" of class acts that have been part of the MB family - wish you nothing but the best... Love ya Mitty! As for MB's future plans - We will be updating you from the studio, the writing process is in full swing. Europe- we will see you in November!"

Meanwhile, Daniels offered the following:

"It is with very heavy emotion that I would like to announce that my time with Madball has come to and end. Over the past 16+ years with this band, I've been lucky enough to fulfill almost every dream that a musician could ever have. I've gotten to travel the globe, made 4 LP's, 3 EP's, shared stages with heroes of my childhood. The friendships I've made with all of you, from here and around the world, are priceless. Most importantly, I would like to thank my bandmates, Freddy, Hoya, Mike, as well as past members Matt, Rigg, Ben, Mackie, Raj. It's truly been an honor to share the stage with you all.

"With regards to reasons why, I ask that you respect our privacy. The only thing anyone needs to know is that we all still remain on great terms. I have always, and will forever consider these guys my brothers, and I wish them all the best going forward from here. I have no doubt that they will continue to crush it for many years to come. Look out for 'For The Cause' in 2018!

"As for my future, I am by NO means retiring, or hanging up my guitar. I've been playing music since I was 10 years old, and I have no intentions on stopping. As well as playing, I will continue to produce bands, something that I'm very passionate about. For every bit of sadness I have from closing the Madball chapter of my life, I am also very excited and looking forward to new ventures and opportunities in music. See you all soon!"

249 days ago
Old overweight white guys attracted to black culture because the baggy clothing hides their fat and makes them look tougher are stoked.
Seriously, dude should have laid off the stouffers, otherwise he wouldn't have gotten the hernia that forced him to quit.

249 days ago
^ Stouffers LOL

249 days ago
Sounds like the stupid guy that posted these negative comments about his departure is suffering from some sort of complex sounds like your typical racist piece of shit. Grow up and stop your negative way of life don't hate on someone that contributed so much and was successful in a music career. Maybe you are a pissed of musician that never made it?

249 days ago
Zak from Old Wounds here... Who is this band?

249 days ago
He's looking to get his first real job.

249 days ago
^ got a band member here. We are honored to have you sir. You'll be trolling all the nu jack emo metalcore shit in no time.

248 days ago
Too bad they didn't announce they're breaking up. Worst thing to happen to NYHC after Dmize! and Merauder.

248 days ago
I saw these guys with Korn and Limp Bizkit last year and their mosh pit was so kewl!

248 days ago
Love how he's making Jay Weinberg bend the knee by not mentioning him with the other past members.

248 days ago
Ts n Ps wit Mitt, hopefully the adult path treats him well.

Captcha = STREET Path

good dude..respect.

Did you finish jr high?

limp bizkit IS REAL HARDCORE

248 days ago
Good luck with that arrogant, guitar center salesman attitude. It's like HS football, nobody cares.

Wahhhhhhhh "respect our privacy" okkkkkk there, D grade TMZ

248 days ago
the Stouffers comment is PURE GOLD.
Best LG comment yet

248 days ago
"I ask that you respect our privacy" Like this is some celebrity divorce or something LOL He left because Freddy and hoya take 99% of the $ and he's still treated like a hired gun.

248 days ago
is he leaving to start a mitten business, or did he violate the "hardcore code" like Jay Weinberg?

248 days ago
TBH, putting up with Hoya's burrito farts for 16 years is an accomplishment indeed

It's because he's a RAPIST

"Respect our privacy"

says the rapist

I bet he can do about 125 lbs on the OHP

248 days ago
He's a Rangers fan, fck him and Jim Carrey on drums too.

248 days ago
He sucks just NYR this season. fcking has been.

248 days ago
This announcement comes after the news that he's being extradited on kidnapoing and abuse charges, but it's just a formality.

^^^ fackz?

248 days ago
this band tried to be metalcore in the mid 00s while members were well into their 30s. people don't forget. hang it up earth crisis rip off

248 days ago
Mitts when he was never known as a scrapper cuz he never was one.

So who's the new guitarist who's even worse than the one before?

^
He never claimed to be a scrapper. The name was given to him in the studio by the singer of subzero when mitts was producing. He said "you always have to get your mitts on the guitar" Way to throw a nice guy under the bus and make him out to be some thug

248 days ago
fck this rapist piece of shit.

248 days ago
Why is he being called a rapist?

248 days ago
Dude is old af, just let him retire lol

Toby H2O here!
Totally forgot about these guys since I'm too busy listening to Coldplay and Katy Perry cause I like all kinds of music not just hc even tho it lives in me PMA OLOC

248 days ago
If it wasn't for Europe, This band would have like 174 total fans.

248 days ago
This whole band needs to pack it up. Coasting off of legacy since late 90's.

248 days ago
Chadball here! Madball has always had my back and now it's my turn to return the favor!

I'll play for you guys now cause my pop punk band isn't doing so hot but can Toby and Maxball be my guitar techs? Love you guys hardcore lives!!!!

247 days ago
Stouffers lol

247 days ago
^

Oh excuse me, he played guitar for the king of thugcore bands for 16 years. Sorry if I didn't know his nickname was cuz he couldn't get his hands off peoples' guitars, not cuz he was good with his hands when fighting, you idiot.

247 days ago
More @ ^ - Madball has promoted a gang mentality since they became a "real" band vying to join DMS in '92 then a DMS band the next year. There is nothing "nice" about a guy who aligns himself with a murderous gang who has killed at least two people (DMS.)

247 days ago
@Why are people calling him a rapist?

Because he is one.

247 days ago
He got the nickname cause he has man t-ts. You dumb fcks.

247 days ago

rick ta life here
fck sadball
he quit because hes scared of touring bmore
dont mean shit
rtl commin for dat ass
oi

This can't be rick......not enough misspellings.

242 days ago
RICK PLEASE KILL YOURSELF ALREADY. MITTS IS A GOOD DUDE AND YOU POPPING SHIT THAT HES A RAPIST IS fckED UP. WORRY MORE ABOUT YOUR WIFES RUB AND TUG PARLOR AND THE FACT SHE COMES HOME TO YOU WITH goo SOAKED HANDS AND TOUCHES YOUR RAT FACE YOU DIRTY fck YOU PROBABLY LOVE IT

233 days ago
Just because ya'll are going around saying Mitts is a good dude doesn't mean he is one. Being in a band as big a Madball doesn't exclude him from being a huge piece of shit. He's a manipulative drunk and a fcking rapist. Good riddance.

141 days ago
Mitts is a rapist and Freddy pistol whips chicks. Great dudes.