Capsize guitarist quits band

Sunday, September 10, 2017 6:23 PM PT

Capsize guitar player Ryan Knowles has announced his departure from the San Diego, CA melodic hardcore band. Here is his statement:

"4 years ago today was one of those most defining days in my life. I was waking up to landing in London on my 19th birthday, to go on tour in Europe with @capsizeband for the first time ever. At that exact moment, I was totally content with how far music had gotten me. Little did I know it would lead into another 4 years of traveling nonstop, and seeing the world with some of my best friends, while making tons of new ones on the way. Today, I'm 23, and while the last 5 years of my life have been so incredible, it's sad to say that it's now time for me to move on from Capsize, and to focus on myself. I'm not giving up making music by any means, and already have some things in the works. I just want to thank the tru cru for being a part in making my dreams come to life. @danielwand @bleedblackx @andrewdrums @jimmy.sandoval

"I also want to thank all of the other amazing dudes who have cycled through this band for being a part of this as well @andrezrichardo @imbrianjoyce @pig.in.the.city @infinitesunn @jaux_pas

"Finally, to anyone who ever came to a show, let us crash with you, or traded weed for guestlist spots, I am infinitely grateful."

68 days ago
...or traded weed for guestlist spots, I am infinitely grateful.

68 days ago
Finally got that McDonalds manager position I see. Best of luck to you!

68 days ago
^^ Finally got that Toilet manager position I see. Best of luck to you Shitface!

68 days ago
get a real job sh*t heel

68 days ago
Gonna start touring with sons of Texas soon

68 days ago
THE FCKING WHO???

68 days ago
Dude quit the day this photo was taken...
..he's all...cmon man this sucks..fck.

68 days ago
Shut up if u don't agree with what he has to say then just fck OFF!!!! And eat ur own shit see if I give a GOD DAMN what's what now BEAT IT and suck the dck from ur nostril ONE MORE TIME before I just go NUTS and shit the breathing face RIGHT OFF UR CRIPPLED GONADS u want that ASS BLOOD? Get bent with the best of em and just PISS OFF!!!!

67 days ago
Never heard of this band. No one has ever heard of this band.

67 days ago
Two comments up has never touched a boob that wasn't his own

67 days ago
cALLING ALL TRUE AMERICANS fck THE ANTIFA TERRORIST ORGANIZATION MY MUSIC SPEAKS TO ALL DA PATRIOTS AND REAL AMERICANS WHO PISS ON YOU AND YA TERRORIST ORGANIZATION FOR ALL YOU DAT KNOW THE RIGHT WAY TA LIVE , FOR ALL YOU TRUMP LOVERS OUT THERE FOR ALL YOU THAT WANNA MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN CHECK OUT MY SICK MIX OF SATANIC D&B BREAKS METAL HARDCROE AND DUBSTEP https://www.facebook.com/s tereoassassin/ FOR ALL YOU LEFTY ANTIFA gayS OUT THERE IM HERE TA CRUSH YOU AND YA KIND

67 days ago
Dead Swans was better ¯\_(?)_/¯

67 days ago
Andy Samberg?

67 days ago
Who?

67 days ago
You+Me=capsize
Cuz we were two ships in the night

66 days ago
There's such a gigantic difference to "touring the world" and "going to a convenient other continent and forcing your sound on people as openers to a bill of bands people are actually waiting to hear later in the night" touring the WORLD is like, iron maiden. Dramatic band/dude. Cringey to see phoney teen angst rock moves good riddence snowflake xo

66 days ago