ex-Nile frontman set to release new Narcotic Wasteland LP

Thursday, August 10, 2017 7:19 PM PT

Narcotic Wasteland

Official press release:

Narcotic Wasteland, the full-time project of former Nile frontman Dallas Toler-Wade, is set to release a brand new, full-length album, entitled Delirium Tremens, on October 13, 2017 via Megaforce Records/MRI. Delirium Tremens is now available for pre-orders via Amazon, with more options coming soon.

In celebration of today's announcement, Narcotic Wasteland have dropped the first single from the album, entitled "Faces of Meth". Listen now, via Metal Injection.

Narcotic Wasteland frontman Dallas Toler-Wade says: "'Faces of Meth' was the second song I wrote for the album. It was kind of inspired by those before and after pictures of people who become addicted to crystal meth. The musical ideas are based off of some of the riff ideas I had in the early 90s, mixed with some newer ideas. Sometimes ideas take years to find their place in a song, and sometimes a song will come in a single night. The best thing to do is just keep jamming and thinking about what you want to achieve musically and lyrically."

Delirium Tremens was produced and mixed by Narcotic Wasteland at Vegas View Recording and Dallas' home studio. For recording and mixing, the band tapped Grammy award winning producer Neil Kernon at Auslander, with mastering by metal producer-elite Alan Douches at West West Side Music.

Dallas adds: "I have worked with Neil Kernon on many albums at this point. He has always inspired me and pushed me to be better than I thought I could be. He is a great producer and a great friend. He is brutally honest. That's one of the things I love about him the most."

Delirium Tremens track listing:

11. Husk
12. Pharma Culture

68 days ago

68 days ago
meth > Egypt

68 days ago
uhhhhhhhhhhhhm......what the hell..... and those lyrics......

how does a 40 year old write lyrics like that, and think they are legit final copy worthy? especially since nile has always had more historical themed lyrics with some intelligence to them... this project is so odd.

p.s. plz tell that grammy award winning producer to turn down the god damn snare.

68 days ago
seriously, that producers balance/levels are annoying.

68 days ago
Dallas looks like Devin Townsend... LOL

68 days ago
meth > Egypt

68 days ago
the beer >>>>> this album

68 days ago
Great music, lol lyrics

"The full time project"

frontman? that would be Karl Sanders

67 days ago
This drummer is fcking killing it !

67 days ago
Syrup Tampon-officially chimed in with his four wooden nickles:Ex "Nike river" axeman release new biography "my faces high on meth" set for an early 2017 release and the fans? Can't get enough, couple pre orders here and there and well a few kickstarter backers set the stage for one impressive roll out. Says ex axeman, "my faces on meth are sometime silly and there is a upsetting chapter where my face is ugly"

67 days ago
Papyrus Containing the Spell to Preserve Its Possessor Against Attacks from He Who Is on Meth

good shit

67 days ago
If only the guitars were louder

67 days ago
That's sarcasm. Pretty good music tho

67 days ago
Your crying about needing more salty peen is too loud pretty good doe

Hahahahaha WHAT THE fck