Nails, ex-Bad Brains, Danzig members launch band, debut song

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 6:06 PM PT

Fireburn

Fireburn has joined the Closed Casket Activities roster and will release their debut record, a 12" EP titled Don't Stop The Youth, this fall. Its first single, "Suspect," can be streamed below.

The punk influenced hardcore band features a notable roster composed of Israel Joseph I (ex-Bad Brains), Nick Townsend (Deadbeat, Knife Fight), Todd Jones (Nails, ex-Terror), and Todd Youth (Bloodclot, ex-Warzone, Danzig, Murphy's Law).

Recorded at NRG Studio in North Hollywood, the record features cover art by Tim Lehi, additional design by Jon Contino, and photography from Rene Gomez. Additionally, the track "Jah Jah Children" was mixed by Jamaican producer The Scientist.

Honestly, getting a little tired of Todd Youth

Honestly, getting a little tired of Todd Youth

70 days ago
Check out my new band Icefreeze

70 days ago
You're sick of someone who puts out good music?

70 days ago
will Fireburn ever be one of us? or is it one of them?

70 days ago
todd youth was a glam rocker 3 years ago before he cashed in again on the hardcore train

70 days ago
Inb4 "You Will Never Be One of Us"

70 days ago
Time to stop posting here.

70 days ago
Tim Lehi is the best part about this update...

70 days ago

More like 10-15 put math isn't strong with most of you morons. That said, this dude was in AF when he was like 14, then War Zone, then Murphy's Law, so if he wants to go back to playing some hardcore, who the fck are YOU to say he can't, you fcking friendless twat?

70 days ago
People getting sick of Todd Youth? He's doing Bloodclot and, what exactly else? Dude's playing on countless awesome records & with countless fcking legends. Go listen to Emmure or Expire, you fcking piece of toilet paper left in the asscrack of humanity post shit.

70 days ago
"More like 10-15 put math isn't strong with most of you morons." similar to your incoherent sentence? if you meant to type the word "but" instead of the word "put" glance at your keyboard to distinguish the spacing difference between the two letters of "b" and the letter "p" idiot.

That was cool

Album art rules.

Knife Fight was good. Never heard of any of the other groups though...

I like this. Almost like Kid Dynamite

69 days ago
Everyone in this group is a washed up old ego turd cashing in. Todd is false

69 days ago
Wait a sec...they had a different vocalist on Rise?!

Man, Todd Jones looks like shit

Into it.

anonymous1 hour ago
Man, Todd Jones looks like shit

Todd Jones says you will never have man boobs like this.

69 days ago
singer is an HR wannabe, so makes sense he was with bad brains for a stint. all jokes aside, that kicked ass

69 days ago
am I one of us enough to say these guys will never be one of us?

69 days ago
Todd and Harley together would be sick.

NEVER BE ONE OF US

69 days ago
todd jones designs wifi for airplanes. classic hardcore lifer job.

69 days ago
fck anything Todd Jones is associated with. fckin doucheking.

69 days ago
LAME CARPINTERIA HARDCORE KIDS ARE STOKED!!!

69 days ago
You people realize that all those bands Todd youth played with? Yeah you know he never wrote a riff for any of them. Just a fill in. When he does he simply copies cro mags riffs which is why Harley won't play with him ahain

69 days ago
Maybe Todd Jones should run, Todd jones thinks Todd jones should. Actually Todd jones just likes to hear Todd jones talk about Todd jones. Todd jones!

69 days ago
Is the guy on the far right the model for the cover art on Anthrax's album, Among the Living?
Looks like a dead ringer.
Or maybe the creepy old guy from the Poltergeist films...

69 days ago
^ how old are u dumb fcker? That's Todd Youth-guitarist from the band Ace Frehley

69 days ago
Bloodclot and all affiliated musicians suck because Nick Oliveri is an abuser and anyone who stands by him or works with him is a pathetic apologist who immediately loses their credibility, no matter what their personal resume or previous contributions look like.

69 days ago
Rocking his signature, mind condition explorer, the Ace Frehley axe man sets the stage ablaze with soaring leads, galloping rhythm sections and his infamous bigsby tremolo bridge, tentatively but lovingly dubbed "the panty dropper" by his legions of fans, all decorated in the latest "Ace Frehley" tour merch, as well as garments from Youths own clothing line. Says Youth, "the panty dropper" (sic)

69 days ago
I had the chance to sit down with the Ace axe man at a local beanery here in Chicago. Youth ordered his favorite dish the 3 bean salad and recommended for me, a zesty playful garbanzo. Munching his salad he offered up stories from the road, and recounted the time Ace Frehley got signed to a major label. I apologized in advance for asking about the elephant in his room, but Youth agreed to talk about the notorious "Air Jordan" lawsuit. "You owe me now!" He quipped

69 days ago
The waitress who was eyeballing us all night finally walked over, working up the courage to ask for an autograph. Showing off her Ace Frehley tattoo, he mimed eating her taco snatch while she posed with her hands on her cheeks in a surprised, playful fashion as I snapped a quick picture on her iPhone. "Thank you panty dropper!" She squeaked as she ran to show her friends, who were peaking from the kitchen. "It just feels good to know her grandkids will see that pic of their grandmother"

69 days ago
Drunk off the honey walnut sauce, Youth opened up about his troubled childhood, revealing a side of the Ace Frehley star rarely seen. As a tear dropped from his cheek, I lightened the mood by telling him how he slept with my mother back on their historic "Stealin' 3rd bAce" tour back in the 60's. Refusing to get a DNA test, I agreed to give my favorite axe man a ride back to his infamous party house, "the panty mansion". A sloppy Youth could only slur "where are w-" before being struck.

69 days ago
Youth woke a few hours later, noticing he was unable to move and dirty rope kept his arms and legs tied to a wooden chair. Splinters no doubt piercing his exposed jerk, he groaned. I entered my den wearing my famous pink robe, my neck adorned with fine jewelery while light danced off my many rings. I turned my stereo on, playing Ace's last effort, "No Ace Like Home". I swung my hips back and forth and Youth picked up my sensual vibe, releasing pheromones signaling his intent

69 days ago
I saw Todd Youth AND Todd Jones cruising down Sunset each on Harley's. Harley might not fck with them but they fck w Harley's for sure.

69 days ago
Found guilty of the kid napping and abuse of the celebrated shredder, Youth begged the court for my innocence, his testimony speaking to our taboo love story sweat poured from my eyes as the verdict was read. Having spent 25 years behind bars, we still keep in touch through letters and weekend visits. Quitting Ace Frehley sent a shock to the rock community, but the band pressed on as he pursuied a solo career under the moniker Fountain of Youth.

69 days ago
Acoustic soundscapes layed the groundwork for his freshmen effort "Youth is wasted on the young", spilling his love notes over signature solos and midi beats. After purchasing a home nearby the prison, he began working at one of the 4 businesses in the town. I pass time by shitting in my hand and smelling it, then shaping models of the ex-Ace axeman out of my dung. A love story for the ages, our tale has been the influence for several movies, such as the kingsman and sisterhood of travel pants

69 days ago

Murphy's Law, WarZone, Degeneration, Chrome Locust, Chelsea Smiles would all like to have a word with you.

69 days ago
^ LOL "Anonymous" eh? Hello Todd, nice that I could bring you onto here.

69 days ago
i DARE YOU ALL...to name ONE BAND...with 2 todds in it.

GO AHEAD IT DOESN'T EXIST.

TODDS WILL NEVER B WUN OF US

68 days ago
nails was powerviolence garbage.
name one song that you can say wasn't written in 45 seconds

68 days ago
"hey guys what should we name this atrocity?"

"hmmm... how bout' Iceburn? I like the sound of it"

"Todd you dummy there is already an Iceburn!"

"okay then.... (hamster wheel turning)... Fireburn!"

"ahhh ok fine"

68 days ago
anonymous20 hours ago

^ Shut up you lesbian.

68 days ago
Rockstar (2001) film starring mark "hamburger" Walburg was based around Todd jones life specifically his time in seminal power metal act prominently known during the 80s as "nails"says walbug, "Todd jones my best friend vote for him for president and I bought the new album One of Us on blue rays" xD

68 days ago
nails was powerviolence garbage.
name one song that you can say wasn't written in 45 seconds

^^ Nope. Nails is hipster trash for the Echo Park crowd. Infest, MITB, Spazz, and ANb are grind, you fool.

67 days ago
I fckin like it! fck yes! Just come play D.C. fckers!

67 days ago
I have aids and have sex with people sans condom or them knowing.

67 days ago
easy to spot the bad brains member.

66 days ago
there is no reason for this story to have 50+ comments, get off todd jones' dick.

64 days ago
If the autocorrect incident of switching a b for a p made that though "incoherent" to you, may I suggest going back and getting your GED, you failure?says the gimp who missed ANOTHER letter in your sentence you fcking public school failure,you probably get an erection when you hear the words "war ball" because it reminds you of sucking off your gym coach beneath the bleachers in your schools gymnasium-try harder, you fcking failure.

64 days ago
can't tell if todd jones is 4 or 54 judging by this pic

64 days ago
LOL @ the idiot who corrected the person who said Todd Youth has been out of hardcore for three years by saying Todd has been out of hardcore for 10-15 years. So Todd decided to cash in on hardcore 10-15 years later not three, making him even more of a fake - THANKS!

64 days ago
Todd Youth never wrote a single note of music for Agnostic Front, Cro-Mags, or Warzone, he wrote the shitty three Murphy's Law albums including the sellout The Best Of Times after the first ML album which also sucked.

64 days ago
Great Bad Brains imitation, but that's all it is. Sure, I'd rather see this band play a Bad Brains set than Bad Brains themselves, but that's it. Get some originality fellas!

62 days ago
Jah, you will never be one of us, mon!

62 days ago
"YOU WILL NEVER BE ONE OF US"-BAD BRAINS to FIREBURN

58 days ago
Todd Youth? More like Todd Old. Am I right?