A Skylit Drive and vocalist part ways

Sunday, March 19, 2017 5:36 PM PT

A Skylit Drive has confirmed the departure of singer Michael "Jag Jagmin, though he and the band disagree over the circumstances surrounding his departure. Guitarist Nick Miller had this to say:

"As you know we have toured full time over the past nine plus years. Inevitably, people grow, people change, and that's ok. It takes a great deal of attention and dedication from the band to be fired up on all cylinders. Jag chose to remain home and take time away from the band in 2016. This caused a hiatus and as difficult as it was for us to take the time off we support him and his family. We have had a mountain to climb on the business side of things (the not so fun stuff) that needed to get sorted while we all focused on our personal lives.

"As stated earlier people change and life moves the way it does. Jag is no longer a part of A Skylit Drive. It is a mutual decision and we wish him the best. (he recently had a daughter, congratulations Jag)

"Things are up in the air but there are some very cool ideas going around in the ASD camp. Music has been written, things are happening. Thank you all for your support. You are the heartbeat of A Skylit Drive. Another announcement coming soon. Stay tuned."

Not long thereafter, Jagmin issued the following statement:

"Earlier today a post went up on A Skylit Drive's Facebook page stating I quit the band, and also that Nick himself was and is supportive of the choices I made to be home for my family and child's birth in 2016. Both of these claims are utterly and entirely false.

"1. I never quit A Skylit Drive. Nick and I unfortunately reached a point where our differences became irreconcilable. I strongly felt the band should respectively end following how many changes we had already endured. Nick clearly disagreed and wishes to Frankenstein the band how he sees fit.

"2. Rewind to the start of 2016 when Nick and I were still writing new music for ASD. It was decided we would take a tour hiatus (but still write new music for the future) so I could be present and helpful for my wife's pregnancy and birth. Mind you Nick didn't even support this choice enough to allow any announcements so our fans could understand why we appeared inactive. So, instead we were silent since he found it so difficult to openly support the huge change in my life.

"This doesn't even touch on the legal issues we've been going through for the past year or the internal struggles I've had in the band since the start. There's so much left to be said, and once I'm ready to tell it all you will be the first to hear it.

"Thank you all for your endless love and support. I hold it close to me every single day. Expect new music from me soon!"

1 you are 32

2 no one has listens to emo core since 2011

3 you blew it

10 days ago
YO SON... no one gives a fck!!

10 days ago
Hot Topic is proud to announce their newest team members, formerly of A skylit Drive!!

10 days ago
Oh man, the looks they get from real adults when they tell them what they do for a "job" must be priceless

10 days ago
Lmao it was only matter of mine time that the ALS boys would be come to weak to perform! Srj tmkn-sod fame. The "boys rocking long lavender extensions and matching pearl necklace" jag (lSHAVO always call him jagging off lmao clever SHAVO LOL) anway they always candid about they disease and even low gerig been spotted rockin out at they show! Als no lmao matter and well me and the boys, known together as den Mlkn and SHAVO of course xP wish them the best in they deaths! Lmao ok mabe not SHAVO xD

10 days ago
Lol srj very emotional after blogging his tribute and well while he off contemplated me and SHAVO hear to wreak havoc once again xP lmao it me den Mlkn handlin the keys and well SHAVO? he beside me gigglin haha SHAVO not sure what they commotion bout he say he has so many disease the doctor gave up! XP lmao srj is both our physician btw unfortunately he could not fix our drummer Jon Doylm cancer but he say he did all he could! So we still trust him rip Jon dolym think that was his name...

10 days ago
Seriously, no one gives a fck about A Skylit Drive in 2017. Just stop.

10 days ago
Hey Nick, if you're looking to get a certain situation"taken care of" Tim lambesis is out and knows a guy.

10 days ago
Honestly only come here for srj tmkn and the crew sod fame.

A Skylit Toilet

10 days ago
more like noone cares and limp dickscuts gays.
np: Deathcore Jon' Best bree bre breees: Bree of Bree

-Emocore Eddie

10 days ago
Feel like srj has taken the lamegoat crown that FRONZ owned for a bit. Not sure if death core John has any fans but I don't think anyone is rooting for him. Toilet jokes are meh, am missing any other personas?

ghey blaydes

10 days ago
Showbox is an amazing way to watch movies online through streaming or downloading them on your mobile phones. You can find latest movies, a good stock of series, entertainment news, music albums as well as new trailers.
http://showboxappdownloadi ng.com/

10 days ago
"for the past year or the internal struggles I've had in the band since Nick stole my hair straightener back in 2008 and never admitted to it."

10 days ago
most notable thing this band ever did was that 'a skyit drive' merch misprint like a decade ago. still haven't listened to any of their music but the recipients of the free hoodies are forever indebted.

10 days ago
serj is the equivalent of that douchebucket that used to spam the goat with their bastard factory bull shart. Serj posting here on the goat is identical to having four more years of George Bush in the white house... _D_R_A_W_N_O_U_T_S_O_N_G_S .

10 days ago
great, if we can only get more people to quit shitty bands this industry won't be flooded with this garbage anymore.

10 days ago
where is bradon RAGE that guy sucked

10 days ago
are these guys worth the google search?

are they not saves the day?

why is this news here?

8 days ago
Mike xmetalcorex Fink here, someone please buy my old A Skylit Drive and We Came As Romans shirts please thanks

3 hours ago
EMO Core. The only thing worse than Hardcore Punk. DIAF.