Harley Flanagan recording new album

Thursday, April 24, 2014 5:51 PM PT

Official press release:

New York Hardcore icon, Harley Flanagan, is currently in the process of recording his newest LP, to be released on Southern Lord later this year.

With his musical roots tracing back to the beginning of the 1980s, Flanagan was involved in NYC punk act, The Stimulators, before even hitting his teens. In the mid-'80s he founded the legendary hardcore/crossover act, The Cro-Mags, directly after which the band releasing their seminal Age Of Quarrel LP. At the beginning of the millennium, the artist formed his own Harley's War and released their debut album, Cro-Mag, in 2002. Flanagan and several other players recently started laying down the basic tracks for the impending yet-to-be-named album, which will close the extensive twelve-year gap since the band's initial works were released, and will undoubtedly be one of the premiere hardcore/punk releases of the year.

Issued Flanagan on signing with Southern Lord and the ongoing recording process of the new material, "I think that this is some of the hardest stuff I have written in a long time. God knows there has been a lot of inspiration over the last few years." Southern Lord owner Greg Anderson this week stated on the upcoming release, "The demos we have heard thus far are incredible! We're really looking forward to hearing this when it's completed."

4/24/2014 7:52:35 PM
Will be like 90% better than the garbage albums bands are doing these days

4/25/2014 12:50:43 AM
Don't stab me, bro!

Also...

The band releasing?

4/25/2014 7:08:54 AM
"I don't get mad...I get stabby." - Harley Flanagan

4/25/2014 8:22:26 AM
I hear he'll be doing a cover of Today is the Day's 'My First Knife'

4/28/2014 9:07:06 AM
Didn't this EXACT post get posted 2 years ago (pre stabbing) ? The last time he beefed with everyone he waited like 10 years to come out of hiding. I guess he wasn't as patient this time. I will say one thing dude has balls bigger than King Kong for doing what he did when and where he did it

4/28/2014 5:36:16 PM
Yes I noticed too that this was posted a couple years ago. Pretty much word for word

5/5/2014 9:28:12 AM
when is DMS going to finish this dude

5/11/2014 8:28:58 PM
DMS will never "finish this dude" because it's been almost two fcking years since the stabbing (7/6/12 to 5/12/14) and Harley is still alive and well. fck DMS.

3/19/2015 7:27:03 AM
Let Rat Boy Big Vinny Do it.. He'll probably make his son do it hes a fat lazy rat