Devin Townsend Project box-set out this month
Wednesday, November 02, 2011 4:36 PM PT
[ 1,316 views ]
Official press release:
The Devin Townsend Project will soon be releasing "Contain Us," a special tribute box-set for their epic quadrology (Ki, Addicted, Deconstruction, and Ghost)! Due out November 29th in North America via InsideOut Music, "Contain Us" was designed and created by Man Alive's Tom Bejgrowicz (who also conceived the classic and must-have Misfits Coffin box-set) and is the ultimate collection for every diehard Devin fan. Pre-orders are now exclusively available at CM Distro, so be sure to reserve your copy! The standard box-set is priced at $80.00 while the hand-numbered box with the 10" and a lithograph drawn and autographed by Devin is $100.
The official specs are:
• A 12" x 12", 64-page, perfect bound book featuring a charcoal linen hardcover with ink-less debossing of the DTP logo on the front and applicable titling on the spine.
• Housed in an uncoated, charcoal linen, hardcover slipcase - presented with a photographic portrait of Devin inset on the front and ink-less embossing of applicable titling on the spine.
• Contains the following: the DTP albums: Ki, Addicted, Ghost and Deconstruction plus 2 bonus DVDs and CDs. The DVDs have onefeaturing live performances and all the DTP promotional videos while the other has audio commentary for all 4 albums, live audio tracks, song stems for remixing and more. One of the audio CDs features all the bonus tracks from the DTP sessions with the other having the DTP session demos. Ghost and Deconstruction were both remastered just for this set.
• The 4 DTP albums will be housed within the front cover's pastedown while the 4 unreleased discs will be in the back's.
• The interior features acid free, linen-embossed charcoal end papers and museum-quality, dull text and cover stock throughout.
• The center of the book will feature a double gatefold printed on cover stock and comprised of the 4 album covers.
• A clean, crisp, classic-yet-modern design featuring color and B&W imagery throughout. Materials include Devin and the band's personal archives, photography from around the world, and any Inside Out/Devin-related photoshoots from the period.
• A permanently attached, purple fabric linen bookmark.
• This edition is limited to 5000 copies worldwide
• 500 individually-numbered, limited edition copies that include two exclusive items: A. An autographed lithographic print featuring original artwork by Devin drawn exclusively for this edition, and B. A 10" piece of vinyl featuring two exclusive tracks, "Rapture" and "Dinosaurs". Note: 250 copies of the record will be pressed on black vinyl while the other 250 are on white.